Legal Review and Capacity Building, Saint Lucia
In the context of the Commonwealth Standards Network, and in consultation with National Quality Infrastructure (NQI) experts, the NQI committee, the Attorney General office together with the Office of the Parliamentary Counsel:
• Review, revise and prepare draft Standards and Metrology legislation;
• Conduct a Regulatory Impact Assessment (RIA) for the draft Standards and Metrology legislation which will be held as an example into how a RIA should be prepared and what should be included;
• Develop a Good Regulatory Practice (GRP) policy document;
• Develop and establish RIA template model document;
• Develop and establish a technical Regulation based on existing Statutory Instrument methodology;
• Develop and deliver capacity building to government officials in Saint Lucia and Official Development Assistance (ODA) eligible countries concerning the above bullet points.